From the emergence of COVID-19 veterinary services have been recognised as essential by the government (we are specifically listed in the legislation to remain open).
We have introduced some measures to reduce the risks to staff and clients:
- No clients in the surgery – a telephone or socially distanced history will be collected outside the building
- Your animal will be taken inside and examined and the vet will then come and discuss their findings with you
- You may see more personal protective equipment worn in different circumstances (gloves, masks, visors, aprons), please do not be alarmed.
- ALL small animal contact via appointments – open surgeries are currently suspended. Generally appointments offered during traditional surgery times, but emergency appointments always available.
- Please ring the surgery in advance to order drugs, and please note that out supply chain is running a little slower than normal so please order drugs in good time.
- Drugs will be placed on the table in the porch – please use the provided sanitiser and only 1 client in the porch at a time.
- We have specific plans for people unwell or isolating – please call and speak to a vet with the specific circumstances.
- Rest assured we are used to dealing with infectious disease and our premises is designed to be easy to clean.